Creating loyal customers starts with a loyal team. It is important that your employees feel valued and motivated on a daily basis. When your team is at its best, then you can be sure that your customers will be getting the best service.
Here are 5 communication tips to make sure that you and your managers are being effective communicators and motivators.
1) Plan for Success: Hold weekly and monthly meetings for plan for success and go over what goals have been achieved and what you are still reaching for. Stay focused and ask your team to write down their ideas and suggestions for a “Creative Meeting” to go over the growth of the company. Before your meetings be sure to have an outline sent to everyone that will be in attendance at least two hours beforehand and encourage your team to be prepared for brainstorming.
2) Know Your Employees’ Strengths: When hiring an employee, do a personality and strengths profile. This is important because you can learn what position they are best suited for and how they communicate. When implementing a new strategy or idea for your company or department, hold a strategy meeting and go over what you are planning to do with your company or department. Then ask your team to write down who they think would be best suited for the new task or position and ask them to explain why. Your team works with one another on a weekly, daily and hourly basis; they know each other’s strengths in much more detail than you will.
3) Have Clear Processes in Place: If you do not have a clear process for every task that needs to be done, there will be inconsistency and failure. So set your team up for success, and make sure to always anticipate anything that may come up. Have someone create a manual for each position and have processes in place so each employee will be able to be self-sufficient and confident about their position.
4) Be Proud of Your Employees: Set goals for your individual employees and your team. Have prizes and bonuses in place that let them know that you are proud of what they have accomplished. Encourage them to be self-starters, and thank them when they have stepped out of the box to help grow the division or company.
5) Turn Mistakes into Learning Experiences: When a mistake happens, take the time to determine what caused it, how it can be fixed and how it can be prevented in the future. Create a process write-up and hold a training meeting to use the mistake as an example to improve your department or division. Don’t focus on the employee; turn every mistake into a learning opportunity for your team.
It’s important that you take the time to motivate and communicate with as many employees as possible on a daily basis. By sticking to this consistently, you will encourage them to do the same. Over time you will have a team that is motivated and working together to grow your business and build loyal customers.
What have you done to help motivate your team?
What is your favorite management tip? Have you seen a difference with your employees?
What prizes or bonuses can you offer employees as incentive?